Tuesday, May 10, 2005

no more trivia to report(!)

Well, it seems that Dr. Fact's Night of Fifty Questions, aka Buttermilk Bar Trivia, is no more. My correspondent has it on the authority of the bartender, aka Dr. Fact's girlfriend, that they "got sick of doing it." I can imagine that; I for one am not going to be the one to step up and fill the void with a trivia night of my own. However I'm not yet ready to give up my monthly trivia. We will have to find a new trivia night. I don't think I want to go back to Pete's Candy Store. Though it's free and ends at a reasonable time, I grew bored with the whole routine. Leave work, wander Williamsburg looking for something to eat, trudge to Pete's and be too late to get a table in the main room but be totally alone in the back room, struggle to read by light of one votive while wanly waiting for unknown number of friends to show up at the last minute. Then be mentally chafed by hecklers who are not me and not funny, and struggle with otaku categories like "Famous Quotations of the Big Lebowski," "Soundtracks of the Coen Brothers," and "Whitesnake Words of Wisdom."

As far as I'm aware, the options are Last Exit or Red Hook Bait and Tackle. Votes? Additional suggestions?

1 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, May 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you forgetting Freddy's?? They have a trivia night tomorrow (Weds.) night. Not that I'm going, but still.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home