Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cringe

Last night I went to the "Cringe" recital at Freddy's Bar. I think this event really has legs, baby! It was a huge crowd-pleaser. The concept is that people get up and read from the diaries, poems, songs, notes, and letters of their youth. With hilarious results! This was the second monthly Cringe and it's still mostly women. As one dumbfounded audience member remarked, "Boy, teenage girls are really self-obsessed!" My favorite I think was Megan, who among other things had written, "I mean, nothing really happened this year (1991). I entered junior high...the Soviet Union Collapsed...the hedge was cut so now I can see straight into [neighboring teenage boy's] window..." I can't even really do it justice, it was so funny because 1991 was one of the most newsworthy years ever but for a teenage girl sometimes nothing is exciting no matter what it is. Que Sera Sarah, the organizer of the event, has a more comprehensive roundup of the event. I was joined by:

Douglas

Heather, and

Sasha, among others, not pictured.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, May 06, 2005, Blogger Sarah Brown said...

I think next time you need to read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home