Friday, February 04, 2005

lunch IV

I had to go to the library and the bank today so I thought I'd check out Madison Ave. and decided on Sophie's Cuban Cuisine. They were handing out menus on 6th other day and for once the handout was something I wanted, which was a shock to the system. Their sandwiches are $6. Since I can't digest cheese I got a pernil (roast pork) sandwich. If you want to eat there you have to get a table and have waitress service, even though the sandwiches are made in front of you and the other food is all behind the counter for the to-go customers. Somehow I found that annoying. Actually it's not mysterious why it annoyed me, it's because then I felt like I had to tip the lady even though she didn't do anything I couldn't have done myself. The pernil was ok. A little dry/tough. They put those weird fried potato strips on the sandwiches. Not french fries. More like potato chips. That product called "French's potato sticks." Formerly known as Durkee? It was all extremely salty. When I get back from a lunch like that I have to drink a gallon of water and I'm still thirsty. It's totally not South Beach.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, February 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can lunch iv be the final installment? like as in rocky? or did rocky go to V? i think most people stopped watching.

though i would read lunch v if it had a tko or lots of blood or something.

 
At 2:04 AM, February 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no.

i enjoy this. i enjoy the process of decision making, about lunch, or anything else.

 
At 4:31 PM, February 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be a hater, but I've known for at least ten years that your problems with diners remorse are often your own doing. It's like you can't help yourself from ordering aspic or roquefort-stuffed dates if they're on the menu, even if it's at VFA post in eastern oregon. I recommend lowered expectations, although not meal replacement bars.

-axl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home