Thursday, February 03, 2005

Lunch III

Today I felt like I had to stay at my desk and TCB so I dashed out to "Speedy's Fresh Food Fast" without my coat on and got soup and a roll. It's $3-something, which is OK for a midtown lunch, except that I get hungry 3 hours later. Plus it was cold. That's ok because I have a microwave. I sort of like the food at Speedy's but I hate the experience. It's squeezed into this little triangular spot and is always packed with people. It's super hard to move around the place. Plus you end up spending tons of money. The salads are $6 and up, and even when you think you're being frugal at the hot-cold food buffet you end up spending $6.50. Oh plus there's no salad dressing at the salad bar. There's maybe one of those super thick and sweet italian dressings and a nasty ranch dressing. So what I usually do is take some of the already overdressed salads and mix it with the undressed greens to get some kind of happy medium. Another annoyance for me is having to struggle to get them not to wrap it up in all this packaging including all the plastic utensils and a handful of salt and pepper packets. What is this salt and pepper policy? I find it all so wasteful. So I'll struggle to stop one person from wrapping it up and immediately someone else will see this offensively unwrapped item and rush to wrap it up and put salt & pepper with it and I have to restrain them too. Sometimes I'll eat there in the upstairs seating area but like the downstairs it's a total circus. They really pack the people in, they definitely benefit from their location and the signage that says "clean, contemporary, soft-branded."

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, February 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's TCB?

-Heathert

 
At 4:09 PM, February 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant "Heather"

 
At 10:27 AM, February 07, 2005, Blogger Kathy said...

I had worried that it was not a common acronym...it means "Taking Care of Business." Sam Phillips and Elvis both had big gold and diamond rings with TCB and a lightning bolt. It has nothing to do with TCBY.

 
At 11:06 AM, February 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another question for you: Why do these comments appear with a time stamp but not a date stamp?

-Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home