Tuesday, February 01, 2005

herald square eating

Well now I want to talk about how hard it is to find lunch where I work, which is Herald/Greeley Square. Herald and Greeley Square are these two crap-ass parks that sit at the triangles where Broadway and 6th Ave cross at 34th St. There is nothing good to eat here. It goes from bad to mediocre. I'll just do this day by day.

Today I ate at Cafe Arome, on 32nd between 6th and 7th. I keep forgetting it's over there, then I'll remember and say "well it's just a standard deli, that should be good!" and then eat there and remember why I had actively put it out of my mind in the first place. It satisfies my hunger by making me never want to be around food again. That's how bad it is. It's hard to pinpoint why. They have pizza in the window so it seems like a pizza place, and plenty of people order it. But I have noticed that they are all foreigners. Not to be jingoistic, but that is suspicious to me. I want to say "stop! go somewhere else! you deserve better! this is not America!" The lettuce and tomato are white and yellow. The grilled chicken is microwaved into lead. The only upside is that they have a reasonable seating area. However it's filled with trash and quite depressing and they listen to Lite FM. I wonder how many more times I will forget and return there. I find that even now I am intrigued by their gyro sandwich.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, February 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about KOreatown stuff? I went to one dumpling place towards teh western edge and though my noodle dish was too "real" for my caucasian self... the dumplings were yummy...

 
At 2:12 PM, February 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or what about inside Macy's? Isn't there some fairly decent cafe crap in there, once you get past the perfume hawkers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home