Monday, October 17, 2005

The Responsible Party

This week suddenly all this responsibility is falling to me and it's exciting but tiring. Someone in my writing class said she thought we should all get together for drinks, and I said "I second the motion!" so now it's somehow to me to choose the date and venue for a bunch of 23 year old girls who live in the suburbs with their parents. On Friday, I find myself babysitting for a two year old, which isn't the easiest since I don't have much babysitting background. On Saturday there's an alumni chapter trip to go hiking near Delaware Water Gap and they needed a driver, so I said "well, pick me last, I'm not the best driver and I'm not a morning person!" but I'm really the only volunteer so there I am, and somehow now I've gotten it so that I'm going to find the van, reserve it, pick it up, decide where to pick the hikers up, drive them, then figure out how much money they owe me...lots of work. I'll even have to stay sober at the post-hike barbecue! Then Sunday I'm going to Gowanus Open Studios with someone, he's like Oh do you want to have lunch or dinner? Where? Where should we meet? What time? Then the freelancer here at work said "what do I do when the coffeemaker's broken and I can't get hot water?" Correct Answer: Use the microwave. My Answer:" Gah! That's never happened before! How should I know!" I had exceeded my responsibility limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home