Thursday, July 07, 2005

WWII

I watched the movie "Stalag 17" last night, it was great. But because of that and the bombings in London I find I can't do my work (reading advertisements) without framing everything in terms of wartime. Read this sentence from a "branding binder":
"Our focus on execution and collaboration ensures that we keep our promises to each other and to those we serve."
Doesn't that just reek of Nazism, or is it just me? Now I can no longer read this very long document at all. "Deviation from the principles of branding is a big risk..." Devianz ist verboten! Och! Can we just calm down a little? I guess the problem with the whole piece is that it's written in such a melodramatic and severe tone about such a pedestrian issue. Twenty pages to say: "These are the logos and colors for the product, you should use them in all the ads." I wish I could just cross it all out and say that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home