Wednesday, July 06, 2005

dating?

A young lady mentioned to me that she had made something of a mid-year's resolution to try her hand at online dating. Whether she's doing it or the first time, or after a long absence, I didn't manage to ask, because this time it was not my first instinct to tell her why she should stay far away. My first instinct was instead "well if she can do it, maybe I can too." Today the guy who sits next to me at work uncharacteristically left his desk for more than five minutes, so I decided to have a peek at the online menfolk. Happily, I was able to tolerate them without immediately retching, which I consider great progress. It took a full 15 minutes for the retching to commence. What an enormous step forward.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, July 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home